As a photographer, you know that having the right resources is key to your success. Whether you’re just starting out or you’ve been on your photography journey for a while, it’s important to have access to quality resources. In this blog post, we will list some of the best photography resources available online. From places to buy and sell gear to photo editing software, we’ve got you covered!
Camera Equipment and Accessories
First, let’s take a look at some of the best places to buy and sell camera equipment.
1. Adorama – One of the largest online stores for photographer equipment and accessories. They have a wide selection of brands and products, plus they offer free shipping.
2. B&H Photo Video – Another large online store with great deals on professional photography gear. B&H also offers a helpful photographer’s blog and tutorials.
3. Keh Camera – A photographer focused marketplace for buying and selling used camera gear. Keh Camera offers great deals and customer service.
4. Canon Store – The official store for all things Canon, from cameras and lenses to accessories.
5. Amazon – Of course Amazon is always a great resource for finding camera equipment and accessories. Plus, you can read customer reviews to help make a more informed decision.
6. eBay – A great way to find a deal. eBay is wonderful for buying and selling used photography equipment at great prices.
Related: Where to Sell Old Camera Gear: Trade-In & Sales
Backdrops and Props
Now let’s look at some of the best places to buy backdrops and props for photography.
7. Kate Backdrop – An online store featuring high quality backdrops and props. Kate Backdrop also offers custom orders.
8. Savage Universal – A global leader in the photography backdrop industry, offering a wide selection of backdrops and accessories.
9. Backdrop Express – An online store for photographer backdrops and props with plenty of styles, colors, and themes to choose from.
10. Lofaris Backdrop – Personalized and custom backdrops.
11. PB Backdrops – Offers a wide variety of unique backdrops for photobooths and other special occasions.
Photo Storage and Portfolio
Now let’s take a look at some of the best places to store and showcase your photos online.
12. SmugMug – An online portfolio platform that allows you to easily showcase and share your work with clients. SmugMug has many features including print sales and client galleries.
Related: 10 Reasons Why SmugMug is Perfect for Photographers
13. Zenfolio – Another photographer-specific portfolio platform that enables you to easily build and manage an online portfolio.
14. 500px – A photographer-specific portfolio platform that enables you to showcase and sell your work.
15. Flickr – A popular photo sharing site, with tools to easily organize, print, and share your digital images.
16. Dropbox – A cloud storage service that allows you to store a collection of your photos and access them from anywhere.
Photo Editing Platforms
Next, let’s look at some of the best photo editing platforms available.
17. Adobe Lightroom – A photographer-specific photo editing software that allows you to easily edit and manage your photos.
18. Adobe Photoshop – The industry standard for photo editing, with advanced features and tools.
19. Capture One – A photographer-specific photo editor with powerful tools for RAW processing and image editing.
20. ON1 Photo RAW – A photographer-specific photo editor for RAW processing and image editing.
21. Luminar – A photographer-specific photo editor from Skylum, with AI-powered tools and advanced features.
22. Canva – An easy to use online photo editor with many templates and features.
23. Gimp – A free open-source photo editor with a wide range of functions and tools.
Photography Business and Marketing
Up next, let’s look at some tools to help you with your photography business and marketing:
24. ShootQ – An online photographer-specific platform that enables you to manage your photography business and bookings.
25. 17 Hats – A photographer-specific platform for managing leads, invoicing, and more.
26. Pixifi – An online photographer-specific platform for managing bookings, invoicing and more.
27. Fiverr – You can both offer your own photography services and find photographer services for hire on Fiverr.
28. Upwork – Another platform where you can offer your own photography services. Like Fiverr, you can also find photographer services for hire on Upwork.
Courses and Education:
Next, let’s take a look educational resources that will improve your photography skills:
29. CreativeLive – Online classes from experts in photography, design, video production, and more. It also offers free resources to help build a photographer’s portfolio and career.
30. Udemy – An online learning platform with courses on photography, Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom, photo editing tools, and more.
31. MasterClass – MasterClass offers tutorials from more than 70 industry experts. It is a great resource for photography, business, and marketing.
32. Photzy – Photzy offers online courses, tutorials and eBooks on topics such as lighting techniques, portrait photography, landscape photography, and more.
33. KelbyOne – KelbyOne offers courses on photography, videography, lighting techniques, and more. It also has a great community of professional photographers who share tips, advice, and resources.
34. Lynda – An online photographer-specific platform offering a wide variety of courses and tutorials on photography topics.
35. PhotoshopCAFE – Specifically for Photoshop education, PhotoshopCAFE is a fantastic photographer resource that features hundreds of tutorials, training videos and resources.
Related: 5 Best Concert Photography Classes for Beginners
Online Photography Forums
Finally, photographer-specific forums and communities are a great way to connect with other photographers, ask questions, and get advice.
36. Photo.Net – An online photographer-specific forum and community. Photo.Net is a great place to get advice, tips and support from other photographers.
37. Photographer Talk – A great hub of photographer resources, including forums, tutorials and more.
38. Digital Photography Review – A photographer-specific forum with a wide variety of topics, from the basics to the more advanced.
These 38 resources for photographers will help you get started on the right foot and give you the tools and knowledge to succeed in the photography business. Whether you are just starting out, or you are a seasoned photographer, these resources will help you improve your skills and get the most out of your photography business. With the right photographer resources, you’ll be able to capture amazing images and make a living doing what you love. Good luck!